Aluminum Foil Mill Plant Relocation
R. Baker and Son relocated an entire foil mill with presses. We provided match marking for over 100 containers of equipment from Glens Falls, NY overseas.
The Fort Anne, NY foil mill plant was sold and relocated; the facility was dismantled and equipment was match marked and tagged for reinstallation in India. Prior to loading for transportation all process equipment was protected and some equipment was crated, while others were cosmoline protected and bubble wrapped. The equipment was then live loaded into open top containers, blocked and strapped down.
The GE aluminum foil process including the work rolls in each foil mill were paired with heavier rolls called backup rolls, which bear against the work rolls. These exert pressure, adding stability to help stabilize product dimensions within tolerances. The backup rolls prevent deflection of the work rolls, producing a holding gauge across the web.
Finally, all electrical components were also protected utilizing salt bags to minimize moisture during shipment. R. Baker and Son utilized twenty open side containers for over dimensional sized process equipment. This unique project was completed safely, within budget and on time.
Demolition Contractors in New York
- Surgical Demolition Project - Turbine Generator - New York (NYC)
- Fulton Fish Market Dismantling / Demolition Project NY - New York, NY
- R. Baker & Son Curtain Wall Projects - New York, NY
- Port Mobil Tank Farm & Builidng Demolition - Staten Island, NY
- World Trade Center Transportation Hub Project - WTC NYC
- Restoration of the United Nations - NYC
- Kings County Hospital - Tri State Area
- JFK'S American Airlines Terminal Demolition - New York
Trucking / Warehousing
Demolition Contractors in New Jersey
- Demolition Project Makes Way for New Renaissance High School - Camden, NJ
- Demolition For New Transmission Station - Harrison, NJ
- Controlled Demolition: Asbestos Abatement
- Con Edison Close Proximity Demolition
- Merck Demolition Project - NJ - New Jersey
- Turnkey Demolition Project - Barceloneta, Puerto Rico
Plant and Machinery Movers
- United Nations: Moving The World's Treasures - Manhattan, NYC
- Facility Of The Year Award (FOYA) for Pharmadule Project - New Jersey
- Rigging Fire Truck at 9/11 Memorial Ceremony - Manhattan, NYC
- Domino Sugar: A Slice of History - Brooklyn, NY
- USS Intrepid - Manhattan, Pier 86, NYC
- Petrochemical Plant: Rigging & Dismantling - New Jersey
- Colgate Palmolive - Jersey City, NJ
- Dismantling and Rigging, Plant Relocation Project - New Jersey
- Complex Rigging in Pharmaceutical Plant - NJ