DSM Nutritional Plant and Machinery Moving Project
R. Baker & Son All Industrial Services was contracted by DSM - Dutch Specialty Materials - to provide complete turn-key services for the closure, abatement, and demolition of Building 241.
The scope also included the demolition of an associated tank farm and cooling tower. The project was completed on an accelerated schedule that required close coordination between on-site crews, management, and the client.
The project consisted of the rigging, dismantling, and removal of production equipment, including thermal oxidizer waste incinerators, 5,000-gallon glass steel vessels, stainless steel vessels, titanium vessels, dryers - conical, pan, tray and filtered dryers, filters - plate and frame, plate leaf, spinning disc, chillers, centrifuges, distillation columns; and specialty equipment including wiped film evaporator, distributed controlled hardware along with warehouses, storage areas, laboratories space and office space.
Prior to dismantling and rigging, all surplus equipment was spark tested, triple rinsed, and made ready for resale and relocation by R. Baker & Son. Proceeds from the resale of equipment were credited back to DSM Nutrional Products, Inc.
After the dismantling and rigging of the old equipment were completed, R. Baker & Son performed the installation of a new ARA system including a Panavus tank, pumps, and reactors with agitators.
R. Baker & Son also fabricated and erected 200 tons of rooftop support steel.
R. Baker & Son provided union harmony on the project and coordination between all on-site crews, management, and the owner. The project was successfully completed, injury free, and ahead of the owner's accelerated schedule.
Demolition Contractors in New York
- Surgical Demolition Project - Turbine Generator - New York (NYC)
- Fulton Fish Market Dismantling / Demolition Project NY - New York, NY
- R. Baker & Son Curtain Wall Projects - New York, NY
- Port Mobil Tank Farm & Builidng Demolition - Staten Island, NY
- World Trade Center Transportation Hub Project - WTC NYC
- Restoration of the United Nations - NYC
- Kings County Hospital - Tri State Area
- JFK'S American Airlines Terminal Demolition - New York
Trucking / Warehousing
Demolition Contractors in New Jersey
- Demolition Project Makes Way for New Renaissance High School - Camden, NJ
- Demolition For New Transmission Station - Harrison, NJ
- Controlled Demolition: Asbestos Abatement
- Con Edison Close Proximity Demolition
- Merck Demolition Project - NJ - New Jersey
- Turnkey Demolition Project - Barceloneta, Puerto Rico
Plant and Machinery Movers
- United Nations: Moving The World's Treasures - Manhattan, NYC
- Facility Of The Year Award (FOYA) for Pharmadule Project - New Jersey
- Rigging Fire Truck at 9/11 Memorial Ceremony - Manhattan, NYC
- Domino Sugar: A Slice of History - Brooklyn, NY
- USS Intrepid - Manhattan, Pier 86, NYC
- Petrochemical Plant: Rigging & Dismantling - New Jersey
- Colgate Palmolive - Jersey City, NJ
- Dismantling and Rigging, Plant Relocation Project - New Jersey
- Complex Rigging in Pharmaceutical Plant - NJ