Phillips 66 Facility Stack Removal
R. Baker & Son was commissioned to remove a 250 ft high and 13 ft diameter furnace stack from the Phillips 66 Facility in New Jersey. The project required a tight schedule, due to the fact that a new stack was going to be installed immediately afterwards for a modernization project. The stack was located in very close proximity to energized and operating systems.
A detailed (HASP) Health and Safety Plan along with an Engineered Plan was developed prior to commencing the project. The R Baker & Son plan provided detailed rigging calculations and was developed in coordination with P66 Engineers/Project Managers/Health & Safety. Prior to the lifts, the stack were carefully marked out for water jet cutting and manual means cutting to dismantle the stack in one 65 ft section and (4) 20 ft sections.
Four cranes were utilized, a 660 ton crane was the primary crane used for the lifting of the gunite lined stack sections. This crane was equipped with a halo apparatus, a spreader bar, endless polyester round slings and wire rope slings. Two of the cranes were equipped with man-baskets and the fourth crane was used to render the vertical stack sections horizontal.
Once the stack sections were lowered to the ground, they were placed in a lay down area within the cranes radius for further dismantling.
For safety precautions there was water available for fire protection and dust suppression. The project was safely completed on time and on schedule.
Demolition Contractors in New York
- Surgical Demolition Project - Turbine Generator - New York (NYC)
- Fulton Fish Market Dismantling / Demolition Project NY - New York, NY
- R. Baker & Son Curtain Wall Projects - New York, NY
- Port Mobil Tank Farm & Builidng Demolition - Staten Island, NY
- World Trade Center Transportation Hub Project - WTC NYC
- Restoration of the United Nations - NYC
- Kings County Hospital - Tri State Area
- JFK'S American Airlines Terminal Demolition - New York
Trucking / Warehousing
Demolition Contractors in New Jersey
Plant and Machinery Movers
- United Nations: Moving The World's Treasures - Manhattan, NYC
- Facility Of The Year Award (FOYA) for Pharmadule Project - New Jersey
- Rigging Fire Truck at 9/11 Memorial Ceremony - Manhattan, NYC
- Domino Sugar: A Slice of History - Brooklyn, NY
- USS Intrepid - Manhattan, Pier 86, NYC
- Petrochemical Plant: Rigging & Dismantling - New Jersey
- Colgate Palmolive - Jersey City, NJ
- Dismantling and Rigging, Plant Relocation Project - New Jersey
- Complex Rigging in Pharmaceutical Plant - NJ